Need a Systems Engineer responsible for performing a technical role in analyzing and solving problems, performing system administration duties for a variety of information technology infrastructure components for internal and external customer environments by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and maintains the information technology infrastructure of internal and external customer environments including connectivity and utilization, administration, virtualization, performance turning, capacity and backup and restore.*
- Provides infrastructure services in areas needed, including but not limited to Linux administration, clustered file systems, server virtualization, system backup and restore, system monitoring.*
- Interfaces with third party vendors and business partners.
- Utilizes excellent communication and customer service skills.*
- Responsible for familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and adapts to new technologies.*
- Identifies, diagnoses, researches, and resolves technical problems including connectivity and performance utilization using available tools in a timely fashion.*
- Performs standard system administration duties including server installation, storage management, system/application installation and patch management, problem determination and resolution, and log analysis.*
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation as needed.*
- Responsible for staying current with system information, changes, and updates.*
- Understanding of change management principles and adheres to proper change control procedures.*
- Participates in after hours upgrades and troubleshooting issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least one years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Linux administration in an enterprise environment.
- Adept at shell scripting such as sh, bash, ksh etc.
- Can easily explain the differences between distributions such as SuSE, Red Hat, etc.
- Adept at routine administration tasks such as LVM, rebooting servers, stopping and starting processes, troubleshooting script failures, etc.
- Adept at installing software through package managers or through other means.
- Familiar with application/middleware servers such as JBoss, Weblogic, etc.
- Familiar with monitoring software such as Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix, etc.
- Familiar with configuration management software.
- Adept at application deployments on middleware technologies
- Familiar with Splunk
- Adept at working with Puppet
- Familiar/adept with IBM AIX
- Adept at perl or ruby or python
- Adapt at managing SuSE Linux Enterprise Servers (SLES)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear and use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.