Systems Engineer – AIX
ATS has an AIX support and consulting position open in the areas of day to day support and system administration.
- Provides AIX administration and support
- PowerVM virtualization – configuration and management
- Installation and patching of Operating System and other software
- Works on problem resolution for basic system issues such as backup failures, user management, error report resolution, full disk/filesystem issues, and system monitoring
- Provides hands-on support for servers and operating systems
- Provides recommendations and implementations of system tuning and configuration changes
- Supports system issues and assist with tasks such as:
- General troubleshooting
- Creating and disabling accounts
- Monitoring of systems and error logs
- Monitor backup jobs
- Ability to log, track, and follow-up on open problems with users and vendor support
- Assists with day-to-day management of general server issues
- Maintains technical documentation to reflect changes to the environment
- Creation and refinement of existing operational scripts
- Documentation and change management
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of AIX experience with knowledge of pSeries, AIX, LPARs, VIO / PowerVM virtualization, NIM
- SAN and HACMP knowledge preferred
- IBM AIX and related certifications preferred
- Some experience with Linux preferred
- Comfortable with short-term engagements with multiple customers on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- On call requirements may be required.
- Local travel may be required.
Location: Harrisburg, PA area.