The Data Protection Engineer is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operations of data protection solutions. This includes the design and implementation of data protection policies, backup and recovery solutions, storage management, disaster recovery planning and execution, and implementation of appropriate security requirements. The Data Protection Engineer will work with a team to provide engineering support in these areas as well as assisting with data protection related project tasks.
The Data Protection Engineer will perform the following duties, but is not limited to:
- Developing enterprise-wide data protection policies for customers
- Designing enterprise-wide backup and recovery solutions for customers that meet business needs and complies with regulatory requirements
- Provides strategic input into customer business decisions as a trusted advisor
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders
- Troubleshoots and remediates various issues around engineering and operations of data protection solutions, including conducting root-cause analysis where necessary
- Develops appropriate operational monitoring and reporting processes
- Engages with technology manufacturers to develop and implement solutions to resolve ongoing issues
- Performs daily monitoring and management of all backup related activities, including executing restore jobs, troubleshooting failed jobs, and initiating corrective action
- Participates in the building, installation, configuration and testing of servers, storage, and backup infrastructure for new use, upgrades, or lifecycle replacement
This position requires deep knowledge with data protection, backup/restore, and disaster recovery, along with associated policies and procedures, specifically:
- Knowledge and/or skill with one or more enterprise data protection products such as Cohesity, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veeam, Rubrik, or Commvault
- Virtualization – VMware and HyperV
- Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, and AIX
- High-level knowledge of LAN and SAN, including enterprise storage
- High-level knowledge of various technologies in scope for backup such as Oracle, SQL, Active Directory, and NAS
- High-level knowledge of hyper-converged infrastructure
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handing difficult situations
- Ability to work with various customers and management levels
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and organize own schedule and adhere to company administrative requirements
- Show initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to follow through on projects to completion
- Ability to work as a team lead or as part of a team
- Customer service skills
- Prioritization skills
- Ability to determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Leadership skills
- Can perform tasks in discipline without assistance and highly proficient
Primary Work Location
This is a remote position, but candidates will be required to report to ATS’ office in Malvern, PA on occasion.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume/CV, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
A few things to note when applying for a position:
- Please specify which position(s) you are interested in.
- Cover letters should be pasted into the body of your email, but resumes/CVs must be attached in PDF format.
- Resumes and cover letters reflect your professionalism, so remember that neatness and quality count! We usually discard resumes that are sloppy, poorly formatted, or those that contain misspellings or grammatical errors.