ATS is hiring an IBM AIX/Power Administrator, responsible for upgrades and support of IBM AIX and IBM Power solutions for our customers. This includes design and implementation policies, backup and recovery, storage management, patching and upgrades, disaster recovery planning and execution, and additional system tasks as required. Candidates will work work with a team to provide support in these areas both remotely and on site for customers.
- While some work can be performed remotely, candidates must be willing to report onsite at various customer locations. Please see the Work Locations section below for details.
- While general Linux skills are helpful, candidates MUST have at least 5+ years of IBM AIX and IBM Power experience.
- Provide basic system administration (add/remove users, adjust filesystems, perform upgrades)
- Make recommendations for upgrades
- Evaluate and modify system performance
- 5+ years experience as an IBM AIX and IBM Power System Administrator.
- 5+ years experience working with Storage Area Networks (SAN), including familiarity with multi-pathing, LUN discovery, and general storage allocation.
- Experience with IBM PowerHA and Power Virtual Server
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handing difficult situations
- Ability to work with various customers and management levels
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and organize own schedule and adhere to company administrative requirements
- Show initiative, work independently, and multi-task
- Ability to follow through on projects to completion
- Ability to work as a team lead or as part of a team
- Customer service skills
- Ability to determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Leadership skills
- Can perform tasks in discipline without assistance and highly proficient
Primary Work Locations
- Philadelphia, PA metro area
- Washington, DC metro area
- Central Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, York, Lancaster)
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume/CV, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
A few things to note when applying for a position:
- Please specify which position(s) you are interested in.
- Cover letters should be pasted into the body of your email, but resumes/CVs must be attached in PDF format.
- Resumes and cover letters reflect your professionalism, so remember that neatness and quality count! We usually discard resumes that are sloppy, poorly formatted, or those that contain misspellings or grammatical errors.